Police in Fishkill, NY continue to investigate Sunday's (June 3) KFEST concert, staged by local FM station 104.7 WSPK, where Akon tossed a 15-year-old concertgoer into the crowd after security brought the teen to the stage for throwing an object at him.
Currently no criminal charges have been filed against Akon.
Yesterday Akon's attorney, Benjamin Brafman released a statement saying the incident at KFEST offers no basis for criminal charges.
"Given the information that we have reviewed to date, it does not appear to us that Akon was involved in any criminal conduct whatsoever. We are prepared to fully cooperate with any law enforcement agency that may be investigating this incident. We are confident that after a thorough investigation it will be apparent that no criminal prosecution of Akon is warranted," the statement read.
In related news, according to the Poughkeepsie Journal the woman who the teen landed on has stepped forward asking that Akon apologize.
Abby Rosa of DelawareCounty said she suffered a headache immediately following the incident. After Rosa experienced blurry vision she went to a hospital where she was diagnosed with a concussion.
Rosa told the Poughkeepsie Journal she has retained an attorney and spoken to the Fishkill Police Department about the incident. Rosa said the teen who was thrown into her didn't appear to be injured, however she did receive an injury and lacked health insurance to cover it.
"Somebody is at fault and it's not my fault," she told the Journal. "I definitely want an apology from Akon."
Sunday's incident in Fishkill marks Akon's second controversial encounter with a teen concertgoer. He was previously ostracized for dancing provocatively with an underage female fan at a performance in Trinidad.