Benzino Speaks On Shooting At Mother’s Funeral

Benzino Speaks On Shooting At Mother’s Funeral

Benzino recently spoke with VladTV on the horrible events that took place during his mother’s funeral a few months back. The “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” revealed that he was thinking of not attending the funeral at all moments before the shooting.

“The whole day just was a negative day for me,” he said. “I just wasn’t feeling right. So, I woke up the next day. I was in the hotel and I basically told my girl ‘This ain’t—I don’t wanna be here.’ You know what I’m saying? I said ‘I’ll come back another time and go to the gravesite.’ Because Saturday was when it was gonna be a church service. Then it was gonna be over to the grave. So, I had woke up early and said ‘Listen, you know, I’m gonna book a flight for us to get out of here.’ I was getting ready to leave. And as I called Dave, Dave was booking my flights. I actually called him and told him to book our flights.” (VladTV)

“So, at that point I wasn’t gonna leave…My father was at the church,” Benzino said. “He was going to get up with my father. Like I said I wasn’t going cause I was trying to avoid all the craziness. So, I went out there and I was driving out there…So, when I went out there as I was going I was probably halfway there and I started seeing on the right-hand side the lights flashing. So, I figured it was my mother—I figured it was somebody’s procession. ‘Maybe this is mother’s procession.’ So, when I pulled up on the cars in the back I didn’t really notice who they was…I was riding past and I started noticing…’Yeah, I think this is my family.’ And I just pulled up towards the front and I just heard gunshots.” (VladTV)

Share this story
Benzino Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
Benzino Related Songs & Videos