Rap Basement

Benzino Speaks On Shooting At Mother’s Funeral

Posted By on May 8, 2014

Benzino recently spoke with VladTV on the horrible events that took place during his mother’s funeral a few months back. The “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” revealed that he was thinking of not attending the funeral at all moments before the shooting.

“The whole day just was a negative day for me,” he said. “I just wasn’t feeling right. So, I woke up the next day. I was in the hotel and I basically told my girl ‘This ain’t—I don’t wanna be here.’ You know what I’m saying? I said ‘I’ll come back another time and go to the gravesite.’ Because Saturday was when it was gonna be a church service. Then it was gonna be over to the grave. So, I had woke up early and said ‘Listen, you know, I’m gonna book a flight for us to get out of here.’ I was getting ready to leave. And as I called Dave, Dave was booking my flights. I actually called him and told him to book our flights.” (VladTV)

“So, at that point I wasn’t gonna leave…My father was at the church,” Benzino said. “He was going to get up with my father. Like I said I wasn’t going cause I was trying to avoid all the craziness. So, I went out there and I was driving out there…So, when I went out there as I was going I was probably halfway there and I started seeing on the right-hand side the lights flashing. So, I figured it was my mother—I figured it was somebody’s procession. ‘Maybe this is mother’s procession.’ So, when I pulled up on the cars in the back I didn’t really notice who they was…I was riding past and I started noticing…’Yeah, I think this is my family.’ And I just pulled up towards the front and I just heard gunshots.” (VladTV)