Big K.R.I.T. Speaks On Upcoming ‘Cadilactica’ Album

Big K.R.I.T. Speaks On Upcoming ‘Cadilactica’ Album

While speaking with NahRight, rapper Big K.R.I.T. detailed his upcoming album, “Cadilactica” and the reasoning for a few delays with the project.

“With Cadillactica, I’ve grown to a point now that it’ll come out when it comes out and express to people why I’m taking so long on it,” Big K.R.I.T. says in an interview withNahRight. “I’ve had an immense amount of time and I want to do the same with Cadillactica because it’s just as important as anything I’ve ever dropped.” 

The “Country Shit” rapper went on to speak about taking a few steps back from producing the whole album himself.

“I’m still involved,” K.R.I.T. says. “The beautiful thing is that I’m able to work with the type of musicians that I’m still able to give them my ideas. It could be a title or just the understanding of what I physically heard for the song that they can create or already have something in that manner. And then, we sit down and brainstorm the best possible idea for the record, because it’s one of those things that if I know that I went and somebody sent me a beat, and I just went crazy on it, I’m going to do what I would naturally do with my own records. I’m trying to take myself clean out my comfort zone, and if I’m going to do a riding song or a song about cars, not do it necessarily in the same realm that most people know of me doing it. I’m going to try to take if further and even with production—with the instrumentals and the beats that people give me—I try not to tell people so much what I want on the track. But even then, I can influence the record to semi-sound like something I would have made by myself. And I want to stay far away from that man, and just get to be an artist and vibe. It’s a blessing to be able to work with so many talented people.” 

Share this story
Big Krit Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
Big Krit Related Songs & Videos