Big Sean Discusses Engagement; Details Upcoming Aura Gold Fashion Line

Big Sean Discusses Engagement; Details Upcoming Aura Gold Fashion Line

While speaking with RealTalkNY, rapper Big Sean spoke on upcoming music, being engaged to the beautiful Naya Rivera, and his upcoming Aura Gold Fashion Line.

“We in the studio everyday, you gon’ hear Big Sean a lot,” he said. “Basically we setting the tone this year, I’m working on my new album, I ain’t ready to put the name out or nothing yet. We got a lot of great tracks. And ‘1st Quarter’ set the tone for a lot of it. You gon’ get that ‘2nd Quarter,’ you might get more and more things. New singles, new album, all that, this year.”

Big Sean also discussed his recent engagement and Auro Gold Fashion Line.

“The way I was raised, my mom was always talking, growing up, about my aura,” he said. “‘It’s in your aura. Your aura shine bright.’ And it just made sense, it was just something that, you know, when you’re a little kid, it just get instilled in your head: aura. And she would always say, ‘Your aura is the golden light around you,’ so it just made sense, Aura Gold. And when I thought about it, and wanted to start my own legacy and start my own clothes or whatever, I didn’t want it to be ‘Finally Famous,’ I didn’t want it to be what I be saying on the rap shit, I wanted it to be something different. That’s the first thing that came to me, and it was the best name I feel like. It’s something that just translates man.”“The way I was raised, my mom was always talking, growing up, about my aura,” he said. “‘It’s in your aura. Your aura shine bright.’ And it just made sense, it was just something that, you know, when you’re a little kid, it just get instilled in your head: aura. And she would always say, ‘Your aura is the golden light around you,’ so it just made sense, Aura Gold. And when I thought about it, and wanted to start my own legacy and start my own clothes or whatever, I didn’t want it to be ‘Finally Famous,’ I didn’t want it to be what I be saying on the rap shit, I wanted it to be something different. That’s the first thing that came to me, and it was the best name I feel like. It’s something that just translates man.” 

“It feels crazy to be engaged, it’s easy though, it’s one of the easiest things I’ve done,” he said. “Naya, is just, who wouldn’t be engaged to her, she’s just cool. We’re learning about each other, sometimes we have problems, just like everybody, but we always work it out. I feel like love conquers all, so we just young and living.”

Full interview below:

Share this story
Big Sean Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
Big Sean Related Songs & Videos