Childish Gambino Speaks On His Acting Future, Atlanta, And More

Childish Gambino Speaks On His Acting Future, Atlanta, And More

While speaking with Billboard, rapper/actor Childish Gambino chopped it up about his hometown of Atlanta, the show “Community” , and his plans for the future.

“I think the biggest, shittiest thing that came out of me leaving Community is people being like, ‘He wants to go do music.’ I think people think I hated Community, and I just wanted more time to some other projects that I felt like if I didn’t do now, it would be a detriment,” Gambino says. “But I would love to make a film. I’d love to make a video game, more apps, I just want to do a bunch of stuff.” 

Gambino also went on to say since leaving the show, he’s been keeping busy by working on a script.

Now that the album’s [because the internet] out, I’ve written the script to Atlanta and FX bought the script, which is done,” Gambino says. “And I really like it. I’m really proud of it. It’s a show that I feel like people are going to like. But I’m still, like, working on that. I’m looking towards the next Childish Gambino project. We have a couple of things that we have going on there.” 

Share this story
Childish Gambino Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
Childish Gambino Related Songs & Videos