Rap Basement
was successfully added to your cart.

DJ Mustard

DJ Mustard Hit With Lawsuit For Stealing Credit For ‘Rack City’

Posted By on December 2, 2014

DJ Mustard has been producing some huge records including Tyga’s “Rack City,” but new reports claim that Mustard didn’t do much for the hit song. According to music producer, Mike Free, he was the one who actually wrote,composed and even recorded Tyga’s hit song. Free has decided to take Mustard to court claiming he hasn’t got any credit or cash for his involvement on the song.

“Music composer Mike Free says he actually wrote, composed and recorded the music that ended up becoming Tyga’s hit … “Rack City” … but in a new lawsuit he says DJ Mustard isn’t giving him his due — in terms of credit AND cash.

In the suit, Free says he and Mustard were childhood friends who made a deal to share composer and producer credits. According to Free … he had  tons of ideas for tracks … while Mustard had the connections to sell ’em.

Free says he did the same for a ton of other tracks like — “I’m Different” by 2Chainz … “Don’t Tell ‘Em” by Jeremih … “Party Ain’t a Party” by Jamie Foxx … and “I Don’t F**k With You” by Big Sean. And that’s just a few of ‘em.” (TMZ)

• Jus1OnTheBeat

Nope, I wrote the songs and made the beats. Im filing a lawsuit immediately!!