There are those in the public eye, whether entertainers, film stars, sports celebrities, etc., that just can’t seem to stay out of trouble. DMX is, without question, one of the people. Based on a report from FOX Carolina 21, the embattled rapper was arrested for driving without a license in Spartanburg, South Carolina this morning. According to DMX, he left a local gas station where he was then tailed by a policed cruiser for a short distance and then pulled over. When he could not produce a driver’s license he was arrested on the spot, transported to the Spartanburg County Jail around 2 a.m. and booked into custody.
“When I could have just paid the money right there on the spot,” said DMX, who had his five-month-old daughter in the car at the time of the arrest. “Basically it was just five hours wasted for nothing. I don’t have a court date or a court appearance.”
Around 6 a.m. DMX went before a judge and was released shortly thereafter. According to the arresting deputies, the rapper had been issued citations in two other counties for the same offense and at the time of the arrest he only had a state issued ID on him. X, who has been incarcerated no less than 14 times now was released from prison in July of 2011 after doing seven months for a parole violation. The judge over that case postulated that DMX suffered from some type of mental condition, and was possibly bi-polar.
- Eminem in The Studio With Chris Rock (Picture)
- Talib Kweli Says Jay-Z, Biggie, Nas Are Rap Nerds
- Jaheim Announces His Sixth Album, Appreciation Day
- Jermaine Dupri and Da Brat Honor Kris Kross’ Chris Kelly At Funeral Service
- Ghostface Killah Recalls How He Impacted Method Man’s Style
- Chris Brown Misses MET Gala Due To Emergency Plane Landing
- Mac Miller Announces ‘Space Mirgratation’ Tour Dates
- Lil Wayne Reveals A Big Tymers Reunion My Be In The Making, Adding Drake