Funkmaster Flex Goes In On Damon Dash : “I’m Still Current and You’re Not.”

Funkmaster Flex Goes In On Damon Dash : “I’m Still Current and You’re Not.”

Funkmaster Flex has unleashed a rant aimed at Damon Dash after Dash reportedly said some choice words about former Def Jam executive Joie Manda. Flex goes in on Dash, claiming he built his empire without help from him.

“Right now, stick to artwork and clothing and slippers,”Flex said in a rant on New York radio station Hot 97. “Do that. That’s all you. That’s your lane. Let me do this music thing up here. I got this. Roc-A-Fella didn’t give me any money to play nothin’, always had paper. Nice try!” 

“[Jay Z’s]‘Ain’t No’ with Foxy Brown would’ve died out here if Def Jam didn’t pick it up,” he adds. “There was a movie soundtrack, Nutty Professor, that picked up that single. I remember it clearly. Remember when the culture vulture cut you that check? I’m tellin’ you what this is ’cause I been in the game and a lot of people can’t comment on this and that’s what this cornball is banking on. If that didn’t get picked up by Def Jam you would’ve been Boo Boo Records, OK?”

Flex goes on to discuss how Damon Dash still owes rappers like Curren$y money.

“When you gonna give Beans his $11 million for State Property that you didn’t give him yet?” he says. “Is that a culture vulture? You did it to yourself. He had another label deal after the Roc and he signed Curren$y. Curren$y put out two albums. You didn’t pay Curren$y on one song, B. Who’s the culture vulture? You didn’t pay him cause you didn’t see how digital he was. You didn’t have a computer. You were in a slipper, art coma.” 

Listen to the full rant below:

Share this story
Funkmaster Flex Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
Funkmaster Flex Related Songs & Videos