Tony Yayo Says That G-Unit Was Better When They Didn’t Have Money

Tony Yayo Says That G-Unit Was Better When They Didn’t Have Money

50 Cent has been quoted on more than one occasion as saying that the demise of G-Unit can be accredited to the lack of a committed work ethic with primary members Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo; however, Yayo, the man that was once sited as the man Fifty trusted with his life, sees things somewhat differently.

“You know what’s crazy? It’s like when we didn’t have any money, things were better,” proclaimed the rapper in an interview with MTV News. “When everybody got money, it’s like things just went downhill, so it’s like, I dunno, egos,”

In recent interviews, G-Unit founder and General, 50 Cent has dismissed any ideas of a G-Unit reunion. Yet, Yayo seems to still have hope, “I would love to see a G-Unit reunion. I would love to see me, Banks and 50 definitely onstage.”

Throughout the interview, Yayo, was persistent in his assessment that having money changed the dynamic of the group. Stating that when they were broke they were always calling each other and the group was closer. He seemed most upset about the severed communication channels.

“Loyalty is my biggest thing. 50 helped all of us eat. We all had mansions; we all had Bentleys; so if Fif is in a bad mood or feels a certain way that day, you just eat that. You learn to judge your friends for who they are.”

“Terminate on Sight” was G-Unit’s last project and at current, at least according to the G-Unit Mastermind, 50 Cent, there is no future project forthcoming.

Share this story
G-Unit Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
  • kevin jacobs

g-unit washed up anyway 50 included he rich as fuck he dont give a fuck about that shit no more and tony yayo cant do a album anyway lloyd banks was a good rapper but his beats were wack game blew pass them young buck had alot of potential but album was lacking quality hits .

G-Unit Related Songs & Videos