Def Jam Signee, Gunplay caught a break in an armed robbery case in which his was caught on camera during the commission of the crime.
Based on a report by TMZ, Gun Play will not be held accountable for crime that he was captured committed on camera. The rapper was initially charged with robbing his accountant at gun point. The incident was captured on a video surveillance tape. The case was ultimately dismissed because insufficient evidence to prosecute, despite the presence of the tape. The District Attorney says that this is because of an inability to subpoena the victim, who they have not been able to locate in order to serve with the subpoena.
“Video alone is not enough to convict an individual of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt,” explained the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s office. “Although the armed robbery is captured on the victim’s surveillance system, the victim, Turron Woodside, is uncooperative of the prosecution of this defendant Richard Morales [Gunplay].”
Gunplay spoke with the new developments in his case, “Today I am grateful and blessed that the case was dismissed,” he said. “I plan on picking up where I left off with my music and making hits with my upcoming debut album … The first thing I am going to do today is smoke a joint, relax, play video games, and just be with my loved ones.”
After being charged with armed robbery and aggravated assault, the rapper turned himself in to authorities in October of last year. He was subsequently placed under house arrest pending the outcome of the case. The rapper literally dodged a bullet in this one. He could have received a life sentence if convicted on both accounts.
- Gucci Mane Pulled Into Slim Dunkin’s Wrongful Death Case
- Dr. Dre Speaks On The Beginning Stages Of Working With Eminem
- T.I. Decides To Put “Trouble Man II” On Hold For Now
- The Game Squashes More Rumors Of Relations With Khloe Kardashian
- Arsenio Hall Speaks On Kanye West’s Comment During An Interview
- Schoolboy Q Announces Official “OxyMoron” Release Date
- The Game Speaks On His Situation With Cash Money Records
- Gucci Mane Releases Tracklist For ‘State Vs. Radric Davis 2: The Caged Bird Sings’