Rap Basement
was successfully added to your cart.

Hopsin

Hopsin Speaks On Next Venture; Calls Funk Volume ‘A Virus’

Posted By on March 22, 2016

Hopsin announced his departure from Funk Volume, the company he co founded, about a month ago. During a recent interview with Home Grown, Hopsin dished out more details about the separation, and his plans for the future.

“Things are good right now,” Hopsin says during an interview with Home Grown Radio. “It’s sad that Funk Volume had to end, but I just couldn’t be a part of something that was such a virus to my career, my life and my financial situation as well. Things are way better. Things are moving so smooth and everything’s perfect, to be honest.”

Hopsin also had some strong words for his former partner, Damien Dame Ritter.

“Shut up to that fuckin’ bullshit,” Hopsin says. “Tell everybody the reason why Dizzy Wright, Jarren Benton, DJ Hoppa weren’t getting paid for those meet and greets we did every single day, 100 people every day for 60-some days. How come he got paid for the meet and greets, but the artists didn’t get paid? This guy tried to bank $50,000 off the tour from meet and greets that we were doing. He wasn’t there on the meet and greets. The artists who were doing meet and greets were not getting paid for meet and greets. How do you justify that?”

Peep the whole interview below: