With so much turmoil hovering around Joe Budden in recent months, it is understandable when you witness him attempting to do damage control. In an industry and culture in which image carries so much weight it is not surprising at all to see artists and entertainers attempting to do damage control on public impressions driven by sparse facts.
Recently, Joe Budden addressed what he believed to be poor judgment in the manner in which he dealt with conflict between he and rapper Consequence. In retrospect, he admitted that he would handle things differently if the same situation were to present itself again.
This time around, Budden addresses the public impression that he is a drug user. With Molly being the trending drug at the moment, its use has become quite rampant. The rapper speaks out openly against the use of the drug. In an interview with Fox 5 last month, Budden admitted that the drug is extremely harmful and that he barely survived using it one summer.
When asked during an interview with ThisIs50.com why he stopped using the drug, Budden simply replied, “I don’t do drugs, period.”
He continued on, questioning the perception of him as a drug user. “That’s the part that throws me for a loop, the Hip Hop industry has never known me to be on drugs, ever. I had a drug-induced summer this past year and everybody’s like, ‘Oh word.’ I’ve been talking about this shit since 2002. It’s nothing new. Some people can function, I’m just dysfunctional and self-destructive, period. So I wouldn’t need anything to add to that.”
MORE joe budden
- T.I. Decides To Put “Trouble Man II” On Hold For Now
- The Game Squashes More Rumors Of Relations With Khloe Kardashian
- Arsenio Hall Speaks On Kanye West’s Comment During An Interview
- Schoolboy Q Announces Official “OxyMoron” Release Date
- The Game Speaks On His Situation With Cash Money Records
- Gucci Mane Releases Tracklist For ‘State Vs. Radric Davis 2: The Caged Bird Sings’
- DJ Envy Speaks On Nas Pulling A Gun On Him
- 50 Cent Explains The Level Of Respect He Has For Kendrick Lamar