Kendrick Lamar Talks About Being Named Hottest Emcee in the Game by MTV

Kendrick Lamar Talks About Being Named Hottest Emcee in the Game by MTV

Well, its official, Kendrick Lamar has made the top of one of the most controversial and coveted lists in Hip Hop. This week, MTV released its hottest emcees in the game annual list. It is no surprised that there were some disappointments and some controversy, but what is probably not as surprising is the fact that Kendrick Lamar took the #1 spot.

2 Chainz settled in at the #2 spot, while Rick Ross took the #3 spot with Nas and Drake rounding out the top 5. Big Sean took the #6 spot and then the controversy began.

Kanye West was slotted in the #7 spot, which did not make him a happy camper. As it seems to be his custom, he went on a rant expressing his disgust.

In an interview with Hot 97, Ye had the following to say, “Yeah #7 bothers me. For me, I feel like in order for them to put me at #7, they had to bring up things that they didn’t like – [like] the Cruel Summer album. And I’m like, that’s a compilation, it ain’t all rappers on G.O.O.D. Music…they want to diss me and be like, ‘He did Cruel Summer and he can’t say he ain’t a part of it because he’s on eight records’…their decision is definitely not based on a body of work.”

ASAP Rocky was not very happy either. He came in at the #8 spot. “It’s frustrating when I’m number 8,” he told the LA Leakers. “Don’t put me at all. I need to be number one.”

As for as the emcee who was fortunate enough to grab the top spot, he was very humbled by the accomplishment.

“You know what’s crazy, we were looking at the years of the different MCs, and we were always like, ‘Man, we gotta get on there. We gotta at least get on the list.’ But to make it #1, that’s a whole ‘nother thing,” he explained to MTV.

<iframe src=”http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:886380/cp~id%3D1702689%26vid%3D886380%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A886380″ width=”512″ height=”288″ frameborder=”0″></iframe>

Share this story
Kendrick Lamar Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
  • robert_mir

Kendrick deserves it, he has talent.

Kendrick Lamar Related Songs & Videos