Hip-Hop fans in the Boston area will not be treated to a performance by Ludacris
as one of the rapper's upcoming shows has been cancelled.
According to the Boston Herald, the would-be concert, that was scheduled to be held on September 30, was cancelled by the Eastern States Exposition reportedly due to a lack of interest and poor ticket sales. Exposition president Wayne McCary said fewer than 700 tickets had been sold for the arena that seats 6,100 people.
As a stipulation for the concert, local officials said the rapper would have to keep his act clean and family-friendly. The West Springfield licensing commission also ordered that all concert-goers be screened by a hand-held metal detector and that no beer be served in the arena.
Refunds will reportedly be issued to those who already bought tickets for the performance.