Famed film maker Quentin Tarantino has drawn the wrath of a number of people and organization with his latest film, Django Unchained, which Stars Jamie Foxx and Kerri Washington. What seems to be the driving force behind the outrage is what is considered the excessive use of the N-Word. Blacks and whites alike, in a considerable number, are finding it offensive and Tarantino has taken the brunt of the backlash behind the movie.
Tarantino and actors like Foxx and Samuel L. Jackson (Who also has a role in the film) have defended the film by saying that the films depiction of the south in that era and environment is accurate and it was a reality of that time.
Recently in an interview with MTV, one of Hip Hops most respected personalities spoke out on behalf of the film and Tarantino. Rapper Nas said that the film’s representation of the south during slavery is accurate and it brings an authenticity to the film. He also said that Tarantino is one of the greatest film makers of this era and he should have the right to express himself is his art genre in any way he wants.
“A movie about slavery and you don’t hear the n-word? That don’t make any sense. I didn’t see what the big fuss was about. It’s a movie, movies by [Tarantino], why should we be surprised if the movie is raw? He’s one of the greatest filmmakers of our generation, and we don’t go there to see anything less than rawness, so if it’s gonna be language or goriness…he’s an artist, and artists have to express themselves and that’s just what he’s doing.”
Nas is the latest in a line of black entertainers that have spoken out on the film, many in favor of Tarantino’s right to express himself in his movies.
Nas Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use of the N Word Video
Nas: Time Is Illmatic 2014 Official Trailer
Wiz Khalifa Feat. Rick Ross, Schoolboy Q, Nas – We Dem Boyz (Part 2)
Nas performing NY State of Mind with Orchestra
Jennifer Lopez Feat. Nas – Troubeaux
Rocko Feat. Nas – Hustle
Mariah Carey Feat. Nas – Dedicated
Nas Premieres “Time Is Illmatic” And Performs Illmatic
Steve stoute, Nas talk writing for will smith
Nas x NSO performs “One Love/Represent” live @ Kennedy Center in Washington, DC
Nas Performs ‘The World Is Yours’ At SXSW
Nas – It Aint Hard To Tell (Stink Mix)
- Young Jeezy Out Of Jail After Posting $1 Million Bail
- Nipsey Hussle Arrested After Police Raid
- Bobby Shmurda Could Face Up To 15 Years In Prison?
- Beyonce’s Dad Claims Jay Z & Solange Fight Was Staged?
- Wale Leaves Jay Z’s Roc Nation
- Bobby Shmurda Appearance Ends In Drive By Shooting
- Jeezy Pleads Not Guilty To Weapon Charge; Still In Jail
- Joe Budden Finally Surrenders To NYPD
- Suge Knight Leaves The Hospital After Getting Shot
- 50 Cent Drags T.I.’s Wife Into Floyd Mayweather Dispute
Rap Basement Top 10
1On MeWiz Khalifa ft. Jeezy
3New National AnthemT.I. ft. Skylar Grey
5Kaked UpYoung Thug
- Drake Brings Out Bobby Shmurda In New Jersey [Drake Vs.Lil Wayne Tour]
- Redman “BUD like YOU” “Usher Good Kisser” REMIX
- Scotty ATL x Starlito x Cap 1 perform in ATL
- T Pain Loses The Locks & Comes Back To Music (GGN)