Pusha T Weighs In On Kendrick Lamar or Macklemore Debate : “He Had One Of The Best Grind I’ve Ever Seen…”

Pusha T Weighs In On Kendrick Lamar or Macklemore Debate : “He Had One Of The Best Grind I’ve Ever Seen…”

While speaking with Montreality, rapper Pusha T recently weighed in on the Macklemore-Kendrick Lamar Grammy debate. King Push had to give it up to Macklemore and his grind, especially over the last year.

“I look at Kendrick. You know, I look at Jay Z. I look at the nominees. It was a wide spectrum. Macklemore, he won as well. People are sort of in an uproar about it. And I just think that’s a personal opinion thing. I think Kendrick had the best album to fall within that timeframe, but it’s cool. Macklemore won and I think Macklemore had one of the best grinds I think I’ve ever seen in music, so it’s whatever. You can respect it from either way.” (Montreality)

Kendrick himself also weighed in on the outcome of Grammy night.

“It’s well deserved; he did what he did, man,” Kendrick said. “He went out there and hustled and grinded. Everything happens for a reason; the universe comes back around, that’s how it go.” While Kendrick may have grounds to feel snubbed, he’s hardly the first rapper to come up empty; hip-hop legends such as Snoop Dogg and Nas have been snubbed numerous times. “I definitely feel like they should always have more of the culture up in there, for sure, because we definitely stand out just like any other genre,” Kendrick said when asked if he thought the Grammys undervalued hip-hop. (XXL Mag)

Check out the video of Pusha T discussing the debate below:

Share this story
Pusha T Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
Pusha T Related Songs & Videos