Pusha T Speaks On The Hesitation For A Clipse Reunion, Kendrick Lamar, And More

Pusha T Speaks On The Hesitation For A Clipse Reunion, Kendrick Lamar, And More

Pusha T has spent the first few months of this year doing shows and working on his upcoming album, “King Push“. The G.O.O.D Music Rapper recently sat down with The Chicago Tribune and hit on a few hot butotn topics including his brother, No Malice, The Clipse reunion, and Kendrick Lamar as an artist.

Pusha first touched on his brother, No Malice, and where The Clipse reunion is currently at.

“My brother is the happiest he has ever been,” Pushasays. “I’m ecstatic. I’m willing to do this whenever he’s ready. The frustration you hear in some of my interviews about this is that my older brother, there is nothing he tells me ‘no’ for. Nothing. He has never told me ‘no’ for the past 36 years. He did press for me if I didn’t feel like doing it. As a child — he’s five years older — there is nothing I could get from him if I asked him for it. My frustration is that I feel like my brother’s reluctance has a lot to do with the problems we had with the record industry getting our music out in Clipse. It hasn’t been the smoothest run for us. My brother has evolved, become a better person. I would much rather have that go on, without the bumps in the road. I don’t want him to feel like he’s been slighted. When I say in ’40 Acres,’ ‘My better half chose a better path, applaud him,’ I mean it. But I keep the hope going. We talk about it [a Clipse reunion]. We talk about everything. I’m spoiled, bro, and that’s my problem.” 

Pusha T then went on to touch on the next generation of hip hop stars, including Compton’s own Kendrick Lamar.

“I’m hearing introspective [stuff] from guys like Kendrick [Lamar],” Pusha says. “I’m hearing younger guys telling their story. It’s moving. Kendrick killed the ‘Nosetalgia’ record…He’s been through something, and I can feel that. But a lot of guys today don’t want to go that deep. Breaking into a cold sweat? They don’t want you to see that or smell that. It’s not cool. But that’s what makes you a person.” 

Share this story
Pusha T Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
Pusha T Related Songs & Videos