Redbull has kicked off its annual freestyle deejaying contest and D.J. Jazzy Jeff, A-Trek, an Z-Trip are slated as the judges for the event.
The competition began in January when 130 deejays from all over the world were recruited and signed up to participate in this international competition known as Red Bull Thre3Style. The qualifying round was comprised of 26 events held in 26 different cities, where one DJ from each city was selected and advanced to the regional round. The Regional Round will be carried out throughout the month of February.
There will be a total of 5 Regional events held during the month of February and one Championship final event that will be held in April. Each of these events will be judged by several of the most praised deejays in the history of Hip Hop, DJ Jazzy Jeff, A-Trak, and Z-Trip.
Relative to the competitions title, Thre3Style requires that deejays implement 3 different genres into their 15-minute performance set. The five criteria that the judges will use to determine a winner are track selection, creativity, mixing skills, audience response, and stage presence.
This is not the competition for the one directional type DJ, DJ Petey C., who won the qualifier in Pittsburg told the Pittsburg City Paper, “They’re looking for the guy that can rock the party, got some skills with the tricks, but the songs make sense. Yet, someone that has stage presence and can keep the crowd involved.”
MORE dj jazzy jeff
- The Game Squashes More Rumors Of Relations With Khloe Kardashian
- Arsenio Hall Speaks On Kanye West’s Comment During An Interview
- Schoolboy Q Announces Official “OxyMoron” Release Date
- The Game Speaks On His Situation With Cash Money Records
- Gucci Mane Releases Tracklist For ‘State Vs. Radric Davis 2: The Caged Bird Sings’
- DJ Envy Speaks On Nas Pulling A Gun On Him
- 50 Cent Explains The Level Of Respect He Has For Kendrick Lamar
- Damon Dash And Jay Z Reunited Backstage In Los Angeles