According to Big Daddy Kane, “28 Bars of Kane” which is a Team Jordan commissioned joint, and the reaction to the joint by fans has inspired the long time Hip Hop Legend to extend the 20 Year collaborative relationship with DJ Premier to produce a full length album.
It was toward the end of January of this year that Kane released “28 Bars of Kane” as song that produced as a part of the Nike/Jordan XX8 song series. The track was produced by DJ Premier of Gang Starr fame. This was not the first time the two worked together, in fact, they have a collaborative history that dates back to 1994 when the two came together to produce “Show & Prove”. The track featured Jay-Z, Ol’Dirty Bastard, Shyheim, Sauce Money and Scoob Lover. While being interview by HipHopDX on last week, Kane revealed the magnitude and the significance of reuniting with Premier on this latest endeavor.
“To get with [DJ Premier] again and do somethin’ again was beautiful.”
Kane went on to say that the fan response to the sponsored track for the Jordan song series inspired he and Premier to go back into the lab for a larger and more far reaching project.
“Matter of fact, after “28 Bars Of Kane” got out and we saw how much people was tweeting, and talkin’ about it on Facebook, he hollered back at me and said, ‘Yo, after everything dies down with the Las Supper Back To The Future] project, we need to do an album together.’ I said, ‘Let’s make it happen.’” According to Kane, “That’s something that’s gonna be in the works for later on this year.”
MORE Big Daddy Kane
- Eminem in The Studio With Chris Rock (Picture)
- Talib Kweli Says Jay-Z, Biggie, Nas Are Rap Nerds
- Jaheim Announces His Sixth Album, Appreciation Day
- Jermaine Dupri and Da Brat Honor Kris Kross’ Chris Kelly At Funeral Service
- Ghostface Killah Recalls How He Impacted Method Man’s Style
- Chris Brown Misses MET Gala Due To Emergency Plane Landing
- Mac Miller Announces ‘Space Mirgratation’ Tour Dates
- Lil Wayne Reveals A Big Tymers Reunion My Be In The Making, Adding Drake