Oakland rap veteran Too $hort recently released the first compilation from his new label Up All Night Music titled I Love The Bay.
The 16-track album hit stores on July 17 and features a who's-who of
Bay area rappers, including heavyweights like E-40, Keak Da Sneak,
Messy Marv, Yukmouth, San Quinn, The Pack, Zion I, The Team and others.
"I always wanted to represent the entire Bay Area," Too $hort said
of the compilation. "There is a lot of new talent coming from the Bay."
The first singles from I Love The Bay are "Lose It" featuring Mistah Fab and "Video Vixen" featuring Dem Hoodstarz.
Mistah Fab is known for the national attention his hit single "Ghost
Ride It" received, when drivers across the country started
participating in the phenomenon of walking or sitting on the hood of a
moving vehicle with no driver.
Dem Hoodstarz are known for their hit single "Getz Ya Grown Man On," which is featured in the commercials for the CW's King of Queens.
I Love The Bay also features a posthumous appearance by late Bay area legend Mac Dre.
In related news, Too $hort is in the studio recording a new upcoming album, which is due in stores this fall.
The track listing for I Love The Bay is below:
1. Going Dumb – Young Bay / G Stack / Keak DA Sneak/ Too Short
2. That Thang – Mistah FAB
3. Blame It on the Drugs – The Neighborhood
4. Video Vixen – Dem Hoodstarz
5. This What It Is – Big Rich
6. I Don't Dance – Messy Marv
7. Park the Scrapers – Bavgate
8. In the Street – Turf Talk
9. Shine Like Me – Yukmouth &n bsp;
10. You Don't Wanna See Me Rich – San Quinn
11. You See It – The Team
12. Yes Sir – The Pack f/Mistah FAB
13. Scrape – Traxmillion
14. Doors Open – Dolla Will
15. Town Business – Beeda Weeda / Dolla Will /
J-Stalin / Lil Al tha
Gamer / Eddi Projex / Zo The Roasta
16. We'll Roll You – Mac Dre / Zion I
17. Don't Lose Your Head – Too Short / Zion I
18. Richmond – Frontline
19. Lose It – Mistah FAB / Too Short
20. &n bsp; I Love the Bay – Madam Alizay/ Kreme /
21. This My One – E-40 / Too Short ft Mike Marshall