Royce Da 5’9 Talks Writing For Diddy

Royce Da 5’9 Talks Writing For Diddy

Slaughterhouse member Royce Da 5'9 recently talkied about his relationship with Diddy and being one of his personal writers. Royce says that Diddy wants to put more lyricism on his raps than fans expect. "When I go in with Puff, I give him what he asks for," Royce says. "That's one thing he's never asked before [which is to dumb it down.] He's never came and said 'Yo, that's too lyrical.' If anything, it's 'Yo, put some more lines it it.' He's a fan of lyrics. He's a fan of lyrics, it's just the overall sound I think when people hear it, they have the impression that he wants to dumb everything down. I think he's just the opposite. I think he wants to figure out ways to combine both the worlds." [Royce Da 5'9 Talks About Writing For Diddy - Watch Here]

Royce continued "The very very commercial 'I can sell this to anybody' world and he wants to maintain that lyrical integrity because he's from the streets. So I think he tries to combine 'em and I think he tries to find people that can put him in that lane. Because him just spitting it alone gives him another appeal. I see what he's doing and he normally is able to pull it off, I'm not in there all the time because I got my own sh*t that I'm dealing with but trust in me every time he calls I try to go and give him what he's looking for." [Royce Da 5'9 Talks About Writing For Diddy - Watch Here]

Royce Da 5'9 Talks About Writing For Diddy

[gnvn]87447[/gnvn]

Royce Da 5'9 – New Money (Behind The Scenes)

[gnvn]87455[/gnvn]

Share this story
Royce 59 Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
Royce 59 Related Songs & Videos