Royce Talks “Hi Rihana,” Slaughterhouse & More

Royce Talks “Hi Rihana,” Slaughterhouse & More

Royce Da 5'9" stopped by the Breakfast Club morning show to talk about many things including his "Hi Rihanna" line during the recent Shady 2.0 Cypher for the Bet Hip Hop Awards.

“I just wanted to say hi,” “Absolutely did not happen (rumors of being with Rihanna). I have all the respect in the world for Rihanna. I just wanted to get her attention a little bit.” He said, “I think the reason why the whole “Hi Rihanna” thing is so popular is because of how many people like her.”

Royce went on to talk about the Shady 2.0 Cypher in detail saying they did not rehearse at all.

“We like the element of surprise,” he said. “I didn’t know what anybody was going to say. I was actually worried that we might use the same name or something like that. Because when your rhyming for pop culture, you throw popular names around.”

Royce went on to talk about his style saying “I pride myself on finding a balance in my style. Sometimes I go complex. Sometimes I might make it a little simple and go, “hi Rihanna.’ It’s just about having that balance.” He then went on to say the Slaughterhouse is 75% done but when asked about features for it, he simply said “Thats a good question.

“Since theres 4 of us, theres a lot of people we respect and admire. I personally would like to work with any of the monsters.. Jay-Z, [Lil] Wayne. Even the new school dudes, J. Cole, Big Krit, Kendrick Lamar.”

Royce finished up by speaking about his home of Detroit.

“Detroit is not the type of city that embraces, its a very competitive market. I came out very brash, cocky, calling my self the king of detroit which I should’t have did. I don’t think people should deem themselves as anything. I’m not the king of anything, I just want to rap. And thats my mind frame now at 34. But at 20, you get a million dollar deal, your album doesn’t come out. Then you get another million dollar deal, it does something to you mentally. A lot of things have happened to me to humble me. They embrace me now because of the humbleness.”

Royce Da 59 – Interview With The Breakfastclub

[gnvn]380093[/gnvn]

BONUS – Shady2.0 Cypher

[gnvn]372769[/gnvn]

EVEN  MORE – Shady 2.0 Cypher (Behind The Scenes)

[gnvn]372739[/gnvn]

Share this story
Royce 59 Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
Royce 59 Related Songs & Videos