Rap Basement
was successfully added to your cart.

Royce 59

Royce Da 5’9 Responds To Tyler, The Creator’s Criticism of ‘Shady XV’

Posted By on December 25, 2014

A few days after Shady Records dropped ‘Shady XV‘ the album, Odd Future‘s Tyler, The Creator had some harsh words about the compilation.

Tyler basically said the project was trash:

“I love you Marshall, you are my favorite rapper but dude ShadyXV is fucking ASS hahaha why wont someone who loves him tell him NO,” Tyler said in a tweet that was later deleted.

In a more recent interview, Detroit rapper, and Eminem collaborator, Royce Da 5’9 voiced his opinion bout Tyler’s remarks.

“I don’t really have much of a take on it,” Royce Da 5’9 says. “What can you say? He said his opinion. It’s the kid’s opinion and what am I gonna do? Get mad at him? We’re living in that era now, man. That’s like I go over to a girl house that I’m trying to smash and her little kid [or] little baby brother is in there and he’s like, ‘You smell like marijuana!’ And everybody laugh because it’s the little kid and he’s saying something crazy. And everybody cares because it’s the little kid with the voice. That’s kind of how it is, man. I don’t care, man. What am I gon’ do about that?

“Em will probably never find out about that,” Royce Da 5’9 continues. “That’s the thing about it. These people use their platform to say certain things and to do certain things. We’re living in a society today in Hip Hop where it’s very, very easy for artists to throw stones and hide their hands. There’s a lot of different avenues for them to do that. You can hide behind the various media outlets and stuff. You know where people dwell, you know who’s gonna hear about it [and] who’s not gon’ hear about it. It’s that type of thing.”