Schoolboy Q Details Dr. Dre’s Involvement on ‘Oxymoron’; Shares East Coast Influences

Schoolboy Q Details Dr. Dre’s Involvement on ‘Oxymoron’; Shares East Coast Influences

“Oxymoron is all the bad I’m doing to do good for my daughter..."

Schoolboy Q is gearing up for his “Oxymoron” release in a few weeks. Between dropping songs like “Break the Bank”, Q’s been hitting the radio circuit hard promoting and discussing his new TDE project. While chopping it up with DJ Whoo Kid, Schoolboy detailed the East Coast’s  influence on him and the role that “Break the Bank” producer, Alchemist, played on Q’s sound.

“Yeah, First Infantry all the way,” he said. “He did with Mobb Deep. Yeah, that nigga was amazing…I used to like East Coast music way more than West Coast.”

Q then went on to describe what fans can expect with the album, and let’s go of a few features that appear on it.

“I want that to be a shocker too. I don’t wanna give away too much,” ScHoolboy said. “I already told people Raekwon is on there…Raekwon is the God. You know what I’m saying? And he’s probably one of the most realest niggas. Like you can reach him and he gon’ hit you right back. You see him in traffic he gonna show love. He tell you he likes your shit, but actually tells you what record he likes instead of just saying ‘Oh yeah, I fuck with your shit.’ Like you fuck with Raekwon. Once you meet him you like ‘I gotta get this nigga.’”

“Oxymoron is all the bad I’m doing to do good for my daughter,” Q said. “[Whether] I’m selling drugs or robbing. Gangbanging, whatever it is I’m doing. You know what I mean? It’s to do good by her. And that’s why you got me with the ski mask [on] the standard. The one that’s gonna have 12, 15 records on it. You got my daughter on there with the same hat. She looks innocent. You know what I mean? But at the same time she’s still trying to mean mug. She’s on top of the throne.”

Check out the full interview with Schoolboy Q below:

Share this story
Schoolboy Q Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
Schoolboy Q Related Songs & Videos