Isaiah Rashad Discusses His Experience Being Signed To TDE

Isaiah Rashad Discusses His Experience Being Signed To TDE

Isaiah Rashad is Top Dawg Entertainment‘s latest addition to their flourishing roster. The roster includes the likes of Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, Jay Rock, Ab-Soul, and new comer SZA. Rashad recently sat down with Complex  to discuss what it was like signing with such a powerhouse label.

“I had a son on the way so it felt like a blessing,” Rashad says in an interview with Complex. “I felt like God really swooped in. I was falling and it felt like cushion under the fall.”

“Getting signed to TDE is like I got accepted into the college I really wanted to be in,” Rashad added. “Except they didn’t have all of those bogus ass classes. Ain’t got to take a math class to graduate and shit. But, I will need an accountant if I do this shit the right way. Hopefully, I will need that type of math class. Other than that, I got Punch [TDE president Terrence “Punch” Henderson] as a professor.”

Rashad went on to describe his knowledge of TDE’s roster prior to joining the camp.

“When I was in college all I listened to was ScHoolboy Q’s Setbacks,” Rashad says. “Then I hear ‘The Heart Pt. 2’ and I really got into that. Even though I was listening to Q, I hadn’t got invested enough to listen to everybody else. Then I realized that he is the same dude I heard on a hook of a Jay Rocksong from when I was like in high school. I heard Ab-Soul, so I started fucking with all of them. It all connected. These niggas were role models to how I wanted to make music. I feel like it might be predestined.”

Check out Isaiah Rashad “Ronnie Drake” below:

Share this story
TDE Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
TDE Related Songs & Videos