Trial Date Set For Tony Yayo’s Assault Case

Trial Date Set For Tony Yayo’s Assault Case

The G-Unit gangsta, Tony Yayo, was accused of attacking the 14 year-old son of Czar Entertainment CEO Jimmy "Henchmen" Rosemond, now Yayo now has a date set to stand trial on the charges.

As we previously reported, Yayo (born Marvin Bernard) was arrested in March after allegedly smacking the 14 year-old who was walking down the street on his way to the Czar Entertainment offices where he interns after school.

The rapper was offered a plea deal in Manhattan Criminal Court earlier this year that would have sent him back to jail for nine months, a deal which he rejected. Both the rapper and his lawyer agreed that the deal would not be in Yayo's best interest and decided to take the case to trial. Now, a judge has set a January 10, 2008 trial date in the case, in which the Queens-bred rapper will be facing charges of endangering the welfare of a child, assault in the 3rd degree, and harassment in the 2nd degree.

"I am looking forward to a trial and it is important that justice be done," said Cynthia Reed, the mother of the victim via a statement. "Trials bring out facts, and I know the facts will expose the cowardly act of G Unit's member Yayo of assaulting my 14 year old son."

The defense believes that they have a good chance of winning the case, as they have revealed they have uncovered a witness that will testify at trial to Yayo's innocence. The witness, whose name is being withheld, has reportedly given a sworn statement saying he knows both the teen, James Rosemond, and Yayo, and that the boy was hit by a yet unidentified man. Yayo's attorney Scott Leemon also said that he has given that information to prosecutors.

Share this story
Tony Yayo Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
Tony Yayo Related Songs & Videos