YG Reveals New Album Title “Welcome to Bompton”

YG Reveals New Album Title “Welcome to Bompton”

Def Jam artist YG has revealed the title of his debut album, and he also reveals the big name that will be heavily involved in the project.

In an interview with AHH, YG unveiled the title of his forthcoming album, indicating that the album will be titled “Welcome to Bompton”, which is a referenced shout out to his hometown of Compton, CA.

“I’m gonna be on some YG, turnt up street shit,” he said. “I’m gonna do the ‘Welcome to Bompton’ theme, that’d be dope. I’m turning the C to a B, so niggas gonna be talking, like oooooooh… that shit gonna be hard, yeah that’s gonna be hard. And it’s my first album, it’s like an introduction at the same time, it’s my first album, like my introduction to the whole world.”

YG also acknowledged that he enlisted the help of Young Jeezy. Jeezy will executive produce the album. Jeezy and the young Def Jam artist began developing a working relationship after the recording of “Playin”, a joint produced by Cardo. Wiz Khalifa was also featured on the track.

This young rapper, who initially signed with Def Jam in 2009, released his breakout hit “Toot it and Boot It”in 2010 and followed it up with the hit “Bitches Ain’t Shit” , a joint that features Tyga and Nipsey Hussle. The Song peaked out at No. 100.

Tags:

Share this story
YG Related Stories
Leave Your Comment
YG Related Songs & Videos