Rap Basement

Pusha T

Pusha T Named President Of Kanye West’s G.O.O.D Music

Posted By on November 9, 2015

Pusha T has been named president of Kanye West‘s G.O.O.D Music. Billboard has confirmed the news and spoke with him about the new title. Push said the following regarding the phone call with Ye before he asked him to join him as president of the label.

‘Ye had called me and he was like, ‘Tell me something. What do you think about being the president of G.O.O.D. Music?’ And I was like, ‘Well, what are the things that you’re looking for?’ And he was basically just like, to manicure the label, make it profitable, and be very business-oriented about it going forward in a manicured type of way.”

He went on to say,

“I always look at it as an opportunity to help the team and I think that artistically, me and Kanye have the same vision,” he said. “He respects me as an artist, a really manicured artist. I’m not out here shooting in the dark, doing any and every thing. When it comes to albums and things like that, I have a very manicured process in which I get to take my time and I think he sorta respects that I get to take my time. It’s never no pressure simply because I think he looks at me and my other businesses and understands that’s why I have this luxury of time in whether it be my clothing stores, my clothing line, just things like that. He just notices me and him don’t ever have that type of pressure, tension, producer-artist relationship. I think he respects that a lot and not to mention, ever since I’ve been on G.O.O.D. Music, there’s been a host of artists that I’ve brought to the table, tried to sign, brought to his attention in trying to sign..”

Pusha will be in charge of overseeing the label’s roster and making sure albums are released in a timely fashion, including his King Push project.